I discovered some interesting advice today from the Penn State Learning website. The advice was in regards to when to take notes during a lecture. I thought I would turn the points that were mentioned into an infographic (see below), in order to make it more digestible.
In summary, make sure to take notes if the professor:
- Repeats something.
- Writes something on the board.
- Begins to make gestures or points.
- Changes tone, volume or the pace of their voice.
- Starts referencing a book.
- Starts asking if everyone understands.
- Gives examples or metaphors.